Get Some Idea About What Plumber Tools Are Recommended For Any Home Owner
What Plumber Tools Are Recommended ?
You will agree that every home should have some basic tools to take care of the immediate emergencies that can happen in the house. In this way you should have a basic kit which consists of carpentry tools, plumber tools, car repair tools, etc. Thus, one can attend to immediate emergencies and buy some time until the expert/specialist comes.
The Basics Of A Plumber Tool Kit
1. Maybe the most common (and basic) plumber tool is what is commonly called the water-pump pliers or plumber’ s pliers or the channel-lock pliers. This has serrated teeth and is used for catching the pipe in a stronghold. This is an invaluable plumber tool because of its serrated teeth which do not allow the pipe to slip off once it is caught in its vice.
2. Most of the times a leakage can be repaired by just tightening of a nut-bolt or two, which are difficult to grasp because of the leaking water. Hence, an adjustable open-end wrench would be extremely useful. These come in various sizes – and you might need a small one and a medium one to manage both small and big nuts.
3. When you need to tighten the pipe you need a special plumber tool called the pipe wrench. When this is used, the pipe shape is not alerted by the pressure exerted on it, since the style of holding of this wrench is designed for this purpose.
4. There is nothing more bothersome than loosening or tightening the nuts and bolts under the sink. Thankfully, there exists a wrench called a basin wrench with which this task becomes child’ s play. Needless to say, that this is a must-have plumber tool in your kit.
5. For those who can do better than only in emergencies, you can be prepared for some pipe soldering work. For this, your kit should include a pipe cutter which can make qualitative grooves into the pipe, a reamer which will remove the residue burrs and a length of emery cloth which will help cleaning the pipe. When and if you plan to do this, you should be extremely careful that you follow the prescribed codes of safety.
6. Other things that a good kit would have would be a great deal of washers, threads, pipe cleaning tools, joint compound, Teflon tape, all types and sizes of nuts and bolts, and so on.
All this would come to about $100-200 in cost, which is quite reasonable for a homeowner.